At 7D Surgical you will find a diverse and vibrant team leading the change in Canada’s fast-growing medical device industry. Our product has won several awards for the most innovative and practical products to treat patients requiring spinal or cranial surgery. The 7D Surgical system is actively being used all around the world, serving over 3,000 patients to date in Canada, United States, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland, and Germany - with plans to continue expanding our global footprint.
We are looking for talent! Our company is recruiting for Software Developer III.
As part of our team, you will be integrated directly into the product development lifecycle and play a critical role in shaping the final product. In addition, you will have the opportunity to observe surgical cases and see first-hand how our products are helping patients.
What Makes Us Attractive?
- Our mighty team of 60+ employees, supported by 10+ PhD and Masters degrees, has the vision, determination, and skills to solve challenging and pressing problems faced by clinicians
- We work in an environment which encourages a balance between work and personal life
- We are conveniently located near transit lines, with free parking and parks around the office
- You can follow our success story at 7dsurgical.com
- Actively participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle in compliance to applicable regulations (ISO 13485).
- Design & implement software solutions based on provided requirements, typically focused on large software features and more challenging software problems, with an eye for adhering to established architectural design and principles.
- Clarify requirements and writes documentation in compliance with a documented quality management system.
- Contribute to peer code review, demonstrations, software maintenance, coding estimates, unit testing, and build infrastructure, while driving best practices and mitigating immediate risks.
- Identify and resolve root causes for software defects, and design infrastructure to future-proof against potential defects in critical areas.
- Collaborate with clinical specialists and subject matter experts to clarify and refine functional specifications for product features.
- Collaborate with software QA to facilitate system testing.
- Participate in and provide input to risk management activities.
- Facilitate design and code reviews.
- Document implemented design in accordance with the company’s quality system.
- Manage work items in the company’s application lifetime management system.
- Provide input and estimates for creating work breakdown structure for projects to assist with development effort planning and estimates.
- Mentor members of the software development team.
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of software development experience, preferably using C# and/or C++, in a related field.
- Proficiency with one or more software source control system(s) (e.g. Subversion, Git, etc.).
- Proficiency with a variety of programming languages and frameworks
- Proficiency with a variety of software development tools
- Experience with medical device software development.
- Solid understanding of software design principles and patterns.
- Solid understanding of best software development practices.
- Experience with medical device software development in a regulated environment.