Careers with 7D Surgical
We are looking for creative, self-motivated team players who thrive in a fast-paced environment and are up to the challenges of bringing innovative medical devices to market.
Due to the volume of applicants we receive, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
At 7D Surgical you will find a diverse and vibrant team leading the change in Canada’s fast-growing medical device industry. Our product has won several awards for the most innovative, enduring, and practical products to treat patients requiring spine and cranial surgery.
We are looking for talent! Our company is seeking a Software Tester, with experience in testing systems integrated software. and Our software system implements state-of-the-art scientific and visualization algorithms, and interfaces with proprietary hardware and tools designed for surgical applications. Our environment is regulated by the international IEC 62304 standard for the development of medical software.
As part of our team, you will be integrated directly in the product development lifecycle and play a critical role in shaping the final product. In addition, you will have the opportunity to observe surgical cases and see first-hand how our products are helping patients.
- Develop and execute software test cases based on requirements and test plans
- Provide input to requirements to ensure testability
- Create and maintain the traceability between requirement and test cases.
- Report and communicate issues to the development team
- Perform System Integration and regression testing
- Prepare verification reports including traceability in compliance with the quality process
- Participate in the continuous improvement of test processes and methodologies
- 1+ years of hands-on experience testing customer-facing software, preferably in the medical device related field
- Healthy obsession over product quality
- Find joy in discovering flaws in system and software, and in working with developers and stakeholders to improve the product
- Creative in breaking things and curious about how and why they break
- Familiar with software testing methodologies including exploratory, user acceptance (UAT), system integration (SIT), and regression
- Experience using issue tracking software such as Azure DevOps, JIRA, ClearQuest
What Makes Us Attractive?
- Our mighty team of 30+ employees has the vision, determination and skills supported with 10+ PhD and Masters degrees
- We work in an environment which encourages a balance between work and personal life
- We are conveniently located near transit lines, with free parking and parks around the office
- You can follow our success story at 7Dsurgical.com
7D Surgical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities.
We would like to thank everyone who submits a resume for these positions. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.