The IGS Promise. Delivered.
Introducing Machine-vision Image Guided Surgery (MvIGS).
The 7D Surgical System delivers on the promise of IGS and allows surgeons to perform fast, cost-effective, radiation-free image guided surgery. And with proprietary Flash™ Registration, patient registration takes less than 20 seconds.
The Pioneering Benefits of MvIGS
for Surgeons, Staff,
- Eliminates intra-operative CT or fluoroscopy used for registration
- Reduces radiation exposure
- Allows one-handed reference frame attachment in just seconds
- Instant Flash™ Registration enables complete patient registration in less than 20 seconds
- Real-time implant sizing during surgery with proprietary measurement markers
- Removes line-of-sight issues with machine vision technology embedded in the attached surgical light
- Surgeon-controlled foot pedal allows complete control from the surgical field
- Reduces reliance on technical staff and equipment
- Image guidance provides additional information for informed decision making
- Generates real-time correlation between surgical tool interaction and CT images
- Enables quick re-registration to maintain accuracy
- Eliminates the need for intra-op radiology equipment and associated personnel
- Significantly reduces registration time
- Platform designed for use in multiple surgical specialties*
- Single, mobile platform with a small footprint
Machine Vision and IGS.
An Illuminating Approach to Surgical Navigation.
Machine vision uses a light source, camera technology, computational hardware, and software algorithms to create images that can be analyzed and processed. Applications in this rapidly growing field include identification, inspection, and guidance, with advanced machine learning and smart applications representing the next horizon. By applying machine vision technology to IGS, 7D Surgical has advanced surgical navigation with the first and only Machine-vision Image Guided Surgery (MvIGS) system.
Proprietary Flash™ Registration uses structured light during the automated registration process. Using only visible light, a 2D light pattern is projected onto the anatomy. The light pattern reflected from the anatomy’s surface is then digitized using a point cloud with over 300,000 points. The most optimal points are instantly selected and automatically matched with a pre-operative CT, creating the 3D image mapping for surgical navigation.
The 7D Surgical System is designed for use in multiple types of image guided surgeries.* Our mission is to pioneer and lead the image guided surgery market with innovative technology that advances the existing standard-of-care and enriches the lives and treatment options for surgeons and patients worldwide. All with a single platform.†
*The 7D Surgical System Spine Module has FDA 510(k) clearance and Health Canada MDL approval for spinal navigation. The 7D Surgical System Cranial Module has received FDA 510(k) Clearance. Health Canada approval in pending regulatory review.
†Other IGS categories are in development, but are not available for clinical use or sale.