Proprietary Flash™ Registration
Guided by our philosophy of “designed by surgeons, for surgeons,” 7D Surgical has reduced the entire workflow time to less than 20 seconds for patient registration. Traditional IGS systems can take up to 30 minutes for registration, with even more time spent if re-registration is required.
The Pioneering Benefits of MvIGS
Reduced Radiation for Surgeons, Staff and Patients
- Eliminates intra-operative CT or fluoroscopy used for registration
- Reduces radiation exposure
Increased Surgeon Control
- Removes line-of-sight issues with machine vision technology embedded in the attached surgical light
- Surgeon-controlled foot pedal allows complete control from the surgical field
- Reduces reliance on technical staff and equipment
- Allows one-handed reference frame attachment in just seconds
- Instant Flash™ Registration enables complete patient registration in less than 20 seconds
- Real-time implant sizing during surgery with proprietary measurement markers
High-quality, Accurate Procedures
- Image guidance provides additional information for informed decision making
- Generates real-time correlation between surgical tool interaction and CT images
- Enables quick re-registration to maintain accuracy
- Eliminates the need for intra-op radiology equipment and associated personnel
- Significantly reduces registration time
- Platform designed for use in multiple surgical specialties
- Single, mobile platform with a small footprint
Perfectly embedded in the system’s patented overhead surgical light, the 7D Surgical System imaging and structured light technology eliminates line-of-sight frustrations and is controlled by the surgeon using a convenient foot pedal for increased visual focus.
Machine Vision and IGS. An Illuminating Approach to Surgical Navigation
Machine vision uses a light source, camera technology, computational hardware, and software algorithms to create images that can be analyzed and processed.
Applications in this rapidly growing field include identification, inspection, and guidance, with advanced machine learning and smart applications representing the next horizon.
By applying machine vision technology to IGS, 7D Surgical has advanced surgical navigation with the first and only Machine-vision Image Guided Surgery (MvIGS) system.
Proprietary Flash™ Registration uses structured light during the automated registration process. Using only visible light, a 2D light pattern is projected onto the anatomy.
The light pattern reflected from the anatomy’s surface is then digitized using a point cloud with over 300,000 points. The most optimal points are instantly selected and automatically matched with a pre-operative CT, creating the 3D image mapping for surgical navigation.